Air fryer Purple Kohlrabi Fries
- Bundle of Purple Kohlrabi
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Purple Kohlrabi is part the cabbage family just like broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts. They have have a sweet mild juicy flavor with just a hint of peppery bite similar to a broccoli stem.
You may easily roast them with olive olive and garlic, and this is our favorite (and easiest) way to enjoy them.
- Peel Kohlrabi and cut into fries, place in a clean towel and pat dry
- In a large bowl mix them thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients
- Set air fryer to 400°F and 30 minutes and add prepared Kohlrabi
- Toss them halfway to cook evenly
- Check occasionally and they are done when golden brown
- Enjoy as is or with your favorite sauce
Note: This recipe works just as well in the oven, flip once and bake till golden brown.