Hearty Golden Beet and Kohlrabi Stew
- Golden Beets
- Purple Kohlrabi
- Rainbow Carrots
- Rainbow Chards
- Tomato Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
Sometimes all we need a delicious and hearty stew to make our day a little bit better.
- Peel and dice the Golden Beets, Purple Kohlrabi, and Rainbow Carrots.
- Put the diced veggies into a baking sheet. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, and Paprika. Bake for 15-20 mins at 350F.
- Finely chop garlic and shallots.
- In a large saucepan, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and shallots, and sweat until softened. Add lentils and enough water to cover everything.
- Remove veggies from the oven and add to the saucepan. Make sure that everything is covered with water.
- Add cumin and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the lentils are soft.