Roasted Bok Choy
- Bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or rice vinegar (for a touch of acidity)
• Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
• Rinse the bok choy thoroughly, especially between the leaves where dirt can hide. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
• In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice or rice vinegar.
• Place the bok choy on a baking sheet cut-side up. Brush each half with the mixture, ensuring some of it gets between the leaves. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes.
• Roast in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the leaves wilt and the edges begin to crisp up slightly.
• Once done, remove from the oven. If desired, you can sprinkle roasted bok choy with sesame seeds for extra flavor and texture.
• Serve immediately as a side dish to your favorite main course.