Roasted Nantes Carrots Topped with Tops
- Nantes Carrots with Tops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Most of us do not get access to Nantes Carrots with their tops on. Having the tops intact is an indicator of freshness and flavor. The tops are sweet and should taste like the carrot itself with peppery and herbal notes.
Sunrise Organic Farms' Nantes Carrots are unbelievable and we think they are best eaten raw, or simply roasted in EVOO.
Here's one of favorite recipes from the farmers themselves.
- Peel Carrots and cut off top, set top aside
- Drizzle Carrots in EVOO
- Sprinkle some salt and a little ground black pepper
- Preheat oven or Air-frier at 400º F
- Bake or air-fry for 15 minutes, they're done when edges are done and caramelized.
- Mince the carrot tops and garlic
- Sauté in olive oil, add a dash of salt and pepper
- Place over roasted carrots