Romanesco Rice with Crispy Tofu
- Purple Carrots
- Firm Tofu
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Swap your rice with this low carb alternative.
- Roughly chop Romanesco and blitz in a food processor until fine. Put the shredded bits in a paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Dice Purple Carrots and Firm Tofu. Set aside.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, paprika, and pepper. Coat diced tofu and fry.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add in diced Purple Carrots. Stir until soft. Add diced garlic and shallots until aromatic. Add Romanesco rice and saute until all the moisture has evaporated. Add the fried tofu and pour in the sauce mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Serve in a bowl. Optional: Top with a fried egg for more protein.