- 4 slices of any whole grain bread (or your preferred bread)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, sliced
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- A handful of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
InstructionsGet ready to savor the taste of summer with this mouthwatering Strawberry Toast recipe. Made with love and real food ingredients, this breakfast recipe brings together the goodness of whole grain bread, luscious sliced strawberries, and a touch of creamy indulgence. It's the perfect balance of wholesome and delicious, creating a symphony of flavors that will brighten your breakfast or snack time.
- Begin by toasting the bread slices until they reach your desired level of crispness.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and honey (or maple syrup) until well mixed.
- Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture onto each toast slice.
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Optional: Add a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves for extra flavor and visual appeal.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Carefully place the strawberry toasts in the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until the bread is slightly crispy and golden.
- Remove the toasts from the skillet and transfer them to serving plates.
- If desired, drizzle additional honey (or maple syrup) over the toasts for added sweetness.
Serve your strawberry toasts immediately and enjoy!