Lion's Mane Mushroom Filipino Adobo
- 2 Pounds Lion's Mane Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Cane Vinegar
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons Black Peppercorn
- 2 Teaspoons Turbinado Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Annato Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced (for sautéing)
- 8 Cloves Garlic (for marinade)
Learn how to make a mushroom-based version of Adobo, the classic dish from the Philippines.
- Sarno sear the mushrooms to make the mushrooms meaty. Check out @dereksarno
- Reduce the heat to medium, add olive oil, minced garlic, and annato oil, sautéing until fragrant.
- Combine soy sauce, cane vinegar, bay leaves, black peppercorn, turbinado sugar, water, and 8 cloves of garlic into a pot or pan and bring to a boil.
- Add seared mushrooms, simmering on medium heat for 30 minutes until sauce is reduced.
- Serve over rice, enjoy!